Oregon Black Pioneers’ Black History Bus Tour resumes with a tour along Oregon’s North Coast, with stops at sites of African American historical significance between Portland and Seaside. With on-board tour guides and special presentations, guest speakers at each stop, included lunch and light dinner, and more!
Sponsored by Oregon Coast Visitor Association
Get tickets here!
Capacity: 40 attendees
Tickets: $120 (includes lunch, dinner, entrance fees, and bus gratuity)
On Bus Tour Guides
Zachary Stocks, Oregon Black Pioneers Executive Director
Kim Moreland, Oregon Black Pioneers Board President
Greg Shine, historian and author
Jim Aalberg, community historian and author, Westport, OR
Chelsea Vaughn, Curator, Clatsop County Historical Society
Steve Wright, Board President, Seaside Museum
- Meet at Charles Jordan Community Center, 9009 N Foss Ave, Portland, OR 97217
- 8:45 am Bus leaves
- On-Board Film: Oregon Experience: Oregon’s Black Pioneers
- Grave of Louis Napoleon with Guest Speaker Jim Aalberg
- On-Board Presentation: Oregon American Lumber Company
- Picnic Lunch* at Fort Astoria Parklet by Fort George Brewery
- Clatsop County Heritage Museum with Guest Speaker Chelsea Vaughn
- Lewis and Clark National Historical Park – Fort Clatsop with Guest Speaker Zachary Stocks
- Fort Stevens State Park – Historic Area with Guest Speaker Greg Shine
- Walking Tour of Former Seaside Jazz Clubs with Guest Speaker Steve Wright
- Light Dinner* in Seaside by Good to Go, at Bob Chisholm Community Center
- On-Board Film: Buffalo Soldiers of the Pacific Northwest
- 6:45 pm Bus Returns to Charles Jordan Community Center
*Please be sure to indicate your meal preference once you get your ticket confirmation!
Tickets are limited, get yours here!